jitse

Re: install mods on mac

Post by jitse »

please help me :d
FFMatt

Post by FFMatt »

Hello,

Sometimes mods just won't work ( it happens to me all the time ). to find a map you want to use in Single Player you have a menu where you can pick a map. But on Multiplayer you have to go to select mods/dlc and click the map mod.
jitse

Post by jitse »

thanks matt, but i cant find a map where i do the mods?
FFMatt

Post by FFMatt »

You just put it in the regular mods folder.
jitse

Post by jitse »

and where can i find the map
FFMatt

Post by FFMatt »

On single player you just select that map. On multiplayer you go to Select mods/dlc and click the map mod from there.
jitse

Post by jitse »

i cant find the map single player or mod? where can i find :s have you mac too? because i think that it is different i dont know :s
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Hello,
jitse wrote:I have a macbook too. and i found everything but not fiend the map mods. do you now where i can find or where i make a map whit the name mods?
Are you looking for the place where you have to put a mod that you have downloaded so that it will show up in FarmingSimulator2013? If you use Maco OS X 10.7 or 10.8 the folder containing the FarmingSimulator2013 folder where the mods have to be put is hidden by default. The easiest way to get to is is by doing the following:
- on the Mac OS X desktop (Finder) press "SHIFT COMMAND G"
- in the box that appears (titled "Go to the folder:" in the English Version of Mac OS X) enter the following exactly as shown (without the double quotes): "~/Library/Application Support/FarmingSimulator2013"
- this should open a new Window showing the contents of the "FarmingSimulator2013" folder that also contains the "mods" folder in which you have to copy the mods so that they are recognized by the game
jitse wrote:my EN is very bad so sorry.
What is your native language? There are also sub-forums here for french and polish speaking players, if it is easier for you to speak one of those languages you could try there..

Regards,
don_apple
jitse

Post by jitse »

thanks i gonna try. I'm from belgium. so i speak dutch. my best second language is englich. but its nots so good :d. thanks for helping me.
jitse

Post by jitse »

i find contents thats all. then i click on contents and then i have code signature, frameworks, MacOs, Resources.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Hello,
jitse wrote:i find contents thats all. then i click on contents and then i have code signature, frameworks, MacOs, Resources.
It looks like you are looking in the wrong place. These are the contents of the FarmingSimulator2013 application itself in the /Applications folder.

As I mentioned before the easiest way to find the folder containig the "mods" folder is is by doing the following:
- on the Mac OS X desktop (Finder) select "Go to Folder..." from the "Go" menu (or press the keys "shift" (the one with the up arrow), "cmd" (next to the space bar) and "G" together)
- in the box that appears (titled "Go to the folder:" in the English Version of Mac OS X) enter the following exactly as shown (without the double quotes): "~/Library/Application Support/FarmingSimulator2013"
- this will open a new Window showing the contents of the "FarmingSimulator2013" folder that also contains the "mods" folder in which you have to copy the mods so that they are recognized by the game

On http://www.landwirtschafts-simulator.de/faq.php?lang=en you can also find a screenshot of a Mac OS X Finder Window showing where the folder is located (look for "Question: How can I install a Mod (zip file) in Mac OS X?")

Please try this and tell us what happens.

Regards,
don_apple
jitse

Post by jitse »

thanks! i did it and it works. thank you very much! :)