No FarmingSimulator2013 folder in ~library (mac)

superkever

No FarmingSimulator2013 folder in ~library (mac)

Post by superkever »

Can someone help me with my problem.
This morning i installed FS13 on my mac, which is running Mountain lion.
To install mods i need the farmingsimulator2013 folder in ~/library/application support. But there was no such folder, only the 2011 folder of FS2011.
Copying my FarmingSimulator2013 folder from my windows computer didn't work either.

What can i do to fix this.
There must be some location for this because my savegame works.

Superkever
michaelr

Re: No FarmingSimulator2013 folder in ~library (mac)

Post by michaelr »

Have a look at this topic: My mod folder does not exist? Mac
superkever

Post by superkever »

I found the solution further on on this forum. Why do they make it so complicated and place the related folders on a different place instead of FS2011.
The game itself is awesome, graphics just beautiful with lots of mods and custom maps on the internet.

Thanks for the reactions.

superkever
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

Unfortunately this is not our decision but Apple's. With the newly enforced Sandboxing, we are forced to put the files into a sub-folder of ~/Library/Containers/com.focus-home.farmingsim2013/Data. In my opinion it already was a bad solution with FS2011 to put the files in a hidden folder (~/Library), but that's the way Apple likes us to do things. At least it is the same for all applications, so people have a chance to get used to it.
herrman

Post by herrman »

If only people thought a bit more like me...
At my home the sandbox is used ONLY by the cat. And apples end in a delicious pie...
but masochistic people (I wanna save graphics designers who take real advantage from Apple) do like to be tied hard and even a bit whipped...

@stegei What about a version running on Linux, to make us a bit more free ?
Guy, if you're gonna ask for help remember that we're not beside you in front of your screen. So, please, help us helping you by giving us some details such as log.txt, hardware details...

And remember, this is a forum. It is different from Twitter. Here you can, no, you MUST use more than 150 digits to explain your thoughts

Thanks
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Hi,
herrman wrote:If only people thought a bit more like me...
At my home the sandbox is used ONLY by the cat. And apples end in a delicious pie...
And Windows are for looking outside at the real world when you have stared at a computer screen for too long ... :biggrin2:
herrman wrote:but masochistic people (I wanna save graphics designers who take real advantage from Apple) do like to be tied hard and even a bit whipped...
Strange, I get the same thoughts every time I'm forced to use a Windows system ... :lol:

Seriously, since it is not helping anybody, could you please stop your trolling? *thumbsdown*
herrman wrote:I@stegei What about a version running on Linux, to make us a bit more free ?
+1

Regards,
don_apple
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Hi,
Stegei wrote:Unfortunately this is not our decision but Apple's. With the newly enforced Sandboxing, we are forced to put the files into a sub-folder of ~/Library/Containers/com.focus-home.farmingsim2013/Data. In my opinion it already was a bad solution with FS2011 to put the files in a hidden folder (~/Library), but that's the way Apple likes us to do things. At least it is the same for all applications, so people have a chance to get used to it.
Maybe you could extend the functionality behind the "Download mods" button on the main screen to not just open a the modhub in a browser but to automatically copy a downloaded mod to the "mods" folder.

Or add an additional button "Load mod" in the "Options - Mods" screen so that people can't just delete mods from within the game but also load them from within the game itself.

This way no normal user would have to know where the "mods" folder is located.

Regards,
don_apple
sticky125

Post by sticky125 »

I am new the mac but was able to figure it out. Place it in the pdlc folder under the resources. It must be placed as the .zip file. IF you have trouble finidng that you have to two finger aka right click the fs 13 app and show contents. then to resources then you will find the pdlc folder. once you place it in there it will show up in the game under options view mods.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Hi,
sticky125 wrote:I am new the mac but was able to figure it out. Place it in the pdlc folder under the resources. It must be placed as the .zip file. IF you have trouble finidng that you have to two finger aka right click the fs 13 app and show contents. then to resources then you will find the pdlc folder. once you place it in there it will show up in the game under options view mods.
You should not modify the contents of the FarmingSimulator2013 app itself. If you do that you will loose the mods in case the game is updated and you will not be able to play with others in multiplayer. There is a separate "mods" folder outside the FS13 app where mods should be placed. See http://forum.landwirtschafts-simulator. ... 15#p427315

Regards,
don_apple
trommethomas

Post by trommethomas »

hello.
i have tried all the things in here, but i can´t find it.
there is no map in application support, when i try all this out.

please help me, i´m frustrated

best regards

trommethomas
Peabo69

Post by Peabo69 »

Ok I've done that and I still need help finding the folder for the game I still don't see anything it keeps saying this folder can't be found
Peabo69

Post by Peabo69 »

If I do it the same way he did by using the pdlc folder will that mess up something because i was able to right click on the game application and view the show contents folder because whenever i do the "~/Library/Containers/com.focus-home.farmingsim2013/Data" all it says is folder not found

don_apple wrote:Hi,
sticky125 wrote:I am new the mac but was able to figure it out. Place it in the pdlc folder under the resources. It must be placed as the .zip file. IF you have trouble finidng that you have to two finger aka right click the fs 13 app and show contents. then to resources then you will find the pdlc folder. once you place it in there it will show up in the game under options view mods.
You should not modify the contents of the FarmingSimulator2013 app itself. If you do that you will loose the mods in case the game is updated and you will not be able to play with others in multiplayer. There is a separate "mods" folder outside the FS13 app where mods should be placed. See http://forum.landwirtschafts-simulator. ... 15#p427315

Regards,
don_apple
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Hi,
Peabo69 wrote:If I do it the same way he did by using the pdlc folder will that mess up something
If you do that you will loose the mods in case the game is updated and you will not be able to play with others in multiplayer.

Regards,
don_apple