Stirred up the hornet's nest

saracaen

Stirred up the hornet's nest

Post by saracaen »

I just received a warning by Guil for making a few comments on the many [Wont Fix] bug reports. I think it is sad that GIANTS is abandoning their existing content, to presumably focus on future content and game-breaking bugs only. Most of the models and texture issues did not occur in FS 17, but got reintroduced in FS 19, and now they refuse to fix most all of them. I get that they want to fix game-breaking bugs first, but they should at least look at these problems afterwards, instead of blatantly setting them to [Wont Fix]. Most of them would require around 5 - 10 minutes to fix. Maybe we should assign a [Wont Buy] status to all paid DLC content then.
Daviss42

Re: Stirred up the hornet's nest

Post by Daviss42 »

There probably keeping the mod list up into the high numbers so they have stuff to release as if they released them all they'd have nothing to add apart from a dlc every 3 months which only a few people liked, it is sad to see.
System - i7-10700k | RTX 3080 | 32GB 4000mhz | 2TB NVME

Console - Xbox Series X
pingu

Post by pingu »

saracaen wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:42 am Most of them would require around 5 - 10 minutes to fix.
Then maybe you can do it for free? Piece of cake, right?

It's GIANTS game. It's their decision what to do and not do. Live with it.
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->
Jeytav

Post by Jeytav »

They, like all other companies, have to decide what to focus their time and money on. I get that it can be annoying and sad that they wont fix certain bugs but that's jsut bussiness, you got a budget and a time table that you need to stick to to make patches, make dlc's and of course go to conventions etc to get new deals for the next game.

Daviss42 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:52 am There probably keeping the mod list up into the high numbers so they have stuff to release as if they released them all they'd have nothing to add apart from a dlc every 3 months which only a few people liked, it is sad to see.
No mods keep rolling in but a lot has failed and been sent back to the author with a message on what needs to be fixed once fixed the modders wilkl reupload their mods which will cause the count to rise a lot. You also need to remember that the QA team needs to test more than just mods, they gotta test bugs, upcoming dlc's, the new FSL stuff and patches to the bugs that has been fixed and they have around 5-6 people to do that all that.
saracaen

Post by saracaen »

pingu wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:31 am
saracaen wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:42 am Most of them would require around 5 - 10 minutes to fix.
Then maybe you can do it for free? Piece of cake, right?

It's GIANTS game. It's their decision what to do and not do. Live with it.
True enough, but it is also my money to do with as I please. I would consider doing it for free, but they already stated that they won't be accepting fixes from the community. Since they won't let anyone touch their code or XML-files.
saracaen

Post by saracaen »

Jeytav wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:47 am They, like all other companies, have to decide what to focus their time and money on. I get that it can be annoying and sad that they wont fix certain bugs but that's jsut bussiness, you got a budget and a time table that you need to stick to to make patches, make dlc's and of course go to conventions etc to get new deals for the next game.
Also true, but if they keep this up they might end up losing the interest of their customers. At which point there may no longer be a need to create a sequel. I realize these are fairly minor issues, but they are still annoying in a game that pretends to be a simulator. I would personally prefer it if GIANTS went the way of SCS Software. Releasing a game once and supporting it for many years with DLCs and extensive content patches. Because as it stands they have all but abandoned FS 19 only four months in.