FS22 Roller not pushing down rocks? [Solved]

Bombuhr

FS22 Roller not pushing down rocks? [Solved]

Post by Bombuhr »

Hi!
So I'm playing my first game on the map Haut-Bayleron.
After cultivating a field I tried the roller Dalbo PowerRoll 1230 HD.

Rocks that I run the roller over remain and they are not the big ones from what i can tell. They simply don't get pushed down.
Using a rockpicker the rocks are removed.

Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a setting somewhere I've missed?

Grateful for any assistance!

Edit:
Question is solved. It's a display issue. They look almost the same but they are not. the ones I fail to push down are the larger variants.
Last edited by Bombuhr on Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RODHA

Re: FS22 Roller not pushing down rocks?

Post by RODHA »

I have the same issue but I'm not sure if it is meant to do that. The information on the help menu is a bit conflicting. It might be that only the grass rollers push the rocks on the meadows back in and give you a fertilization stage. Hopefully it will be clarified bu Giants at some point or fixed if anything is borken.
PS5 / FS22
OnlyMe

Post by OnlyMe »

Sorry to hijack this thread somewhat, but I’d like to know if using the roller adds a fertilizing state like the one in FS19 did
Playing on PS4
Bombuhr

Post by Bombuhr »

If you look at this youtube link, I use the same roller and on a field that has been cultivated:
https://youtu.be/VQmXoLO3-24?t=480

In the video you can see the rocks being removed by the roller. That doesn't happen for me and just like him I cultivated the field first.

OnlyMe: I have no idea yet.
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

Probably a bug. I've tried various roller combinations yesterday and none of them removed rocks. Only the tiny rock pickers do, which turns me off using the feature. I don't have two spare hours to remove rocks off a large field.
Rickenbacker

Post by Rickenbacker »

OnlyMe wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:39 am Sorry to hijack this thread somewhat, but I’d like to know if using the roller adds a fertilizing state like the one in FS19 did
Rollers and mulchers give a 15% yield bonus, separate from fertilizing.
Bombuhr

Post by Bombuhr »

I think it's a "display" issue. I think the rocks are the larger variants but graphically they look about the same and that's what led to the confusion after much testing around.
Martinw89

Re: FS22 Roller not pushing down rocks? [Solved]

Post by Martinw89 »

When to I need to roll my field?
tommo83

Re: FS22 Roller not pushing down rocks? [Solved]

Post by tommo83 »

there is a difference between big and small stones im just not sure what causes them yet. on elm creek i used 3 separate fields. i ploughed one shallow cultivated one then cultivated and straight cultivated another and it all had small stones come up which disappeared when rolled. on the European map when i ploughed and cultivated it dragged up the large stones. so im not sure if its how the field is prepared before hand or a map setting. ill do some more testing