A question about copyright

Hawke67

A question about copyright

Post by Hawke67 »

Hi
How old do a map need to be to be ok to edit and re-release? The reason I ask is that I really REALLY miss the lossberg map, and since VertexDezign doesnt seem to give a **** about people requesting it, when would it be ok for someone else to make a converted one for fs22?
eric21

Re: A question about copyright

Post by eric21 »

No they still need permission
Hawke67

Post by Hawke67 »

One would think that the least they could do is to allow other modders to pick up the map, but no.As a response to their care for customers I will from now on rate all their mods with one star. This is my right as there is there right to ignore their "fans".
raran

Post by raran »

Asking for a mod is actually kind of a no-no to begin with. But to give them abuse is outright rediculous.

As for the answer, as long as you don't publish anything there's nothing holding you back converting the map for YOUR PERSONAL USE. So if you so desperatly wan't it i'd get cracking in GE.
Hawke67

Post by Hawke67 »

And exacty why is it a no-no to ask for a mod?
Hawke67

Post by Hawke67 »

And why are you impying that I cant rate mods as I please?
raran

Post by raran »

Hawke67 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:55 am And exacty why is it a no-no to ask for a mod?
Because you're not entitled.
Hawke67 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:57 am And why are you impying that I cant rate mods as I please?

Rating and giving abuse is something different.
Hawke67

Post by Hawke67 »

raran wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:06 am
Hawke67 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:55 am And exacty why is it a no-no to ask for a mod?
Hawke67 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:57 am And why are you impying that I cant rate mods as I please?

Really? But I am obligated to give their mods a high rating?
Katsuo

Post by Katsuo »

What an interesting topic...
I didn't even know we have customers. After all, no one pays for our mods.

You don't seem to know much about modding if you make such claims.
1. Creating mods or maps, takes a lot of time. Depending on the project, it can be a hundred hours or even 1000 hours or more (example Knezmost Map).

2. The author of the map has given up mapping and is no longer part of VertexDezign. Therefore he does not make a conversion for the FS22.

3. We as a team of VertexDezign currently have several new maps under construction, among other mods.

4. In order for Lossberg to meet our quality standards and all FS22 standards, the map would basically have to be completely rebuilt. We don't have the time for that because of point 3.

The author wont give any permission. This has to be accepted, even if it may be very difficult for you.

Convert the map for private use and have fun with rating of our mods. In this case, we really don't give a f* 😉
Twitch: LS_Katsuo
Team: VertexDezign
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

Katsuo wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:27 pm What an interesting topic...
I didn't even know we have customers. After all, no one pays for our mods.

You don't seem to know much about modding if you make such claims.
1. Creating mods or maps, takes a lot of time. Depending on the project, it can be a hundred hours or even 1000 hours or more (example Knezmost Map).

2. The author of the map has given up mapping and is no longer part of VertexDezign. Therefore he does not make a conversion for the FS22.

3. We as a team of VertexDezign currently have several new maps under construction, among other mods.

4. In order for Lossberg to meet our quality standards and all FS22 standards, the map would basically have to be completely rebuilt. We don't have the time for that because of point 3.

The author wont give any permission. This has to be accepted, even if it may be very difficult for you.

Convert the map for private use and have fun with rating of our mods. In this case, we really don't give a f* 😉
Here here 👏🏼👏🏼

Funnier yet, to rate the mod, he has to download them anyway, so it's a +1 to your download count if nothing else. 😂
Last edited by Derplodactyl on Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
Katsuo

Post by Katsuo »

Haha, yeah, that's true 😂
Twitch: LS_Katsuo
Team: VertexDezign
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Hawke67 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:19 am
raran wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:06 am

Really? But I am obligated to give their mods a high rating?
Modders make what THEY want not what YOU want. There are other maps. Fire up your old game if you want that map. Also you sound like an entitled spoiled brat. No one said you have to give mods high ratings. Your rant about it is the exact reason what is wrong with the rating system. Little brats like yourself rate a mod bad because of stupid reason and nothing with the mod itself.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Ian898

Post by Ian898 »

Hawke67 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:23 am Hi
How old do a map need to be to be ok to edit and re-release? The reason I ask is that I really REALLY miss the lossberg map, and since VertexDezign doesnt seem to give a **** about people requesting it, when would it be ok for someone else to make a converted one for fs22?
If you like the map why don't you just convert it a play it yourself you are not obligated to release it so why bother with the hassle of it after all it will never be your creation to release anyway however most modders/mappers I know if you did a top job of converting it they would be more likely to give a more direct yes or no to release but that being said though if they choose not to give you permissions to release that should be respected without question.
Frontier Design Discord Invite: [https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU] | My Facebook | My Youtube
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

Ian898 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:51 pm
Hawke67 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:23 am Hi
If you like the map why don't you just convert it a play it yourself you are not obligated to release it so why bother with the hassle of it after all it will never be your creation to release anyway however most modders/mappers I know if you did a top job of converting it they would be more likely to give a more direct yes or no to release but that being said though if they choose not to give you permissions to release that should be respected without question.
I guess he don't know how, and probably with this he want someone else to convert it :mrgreen:
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

To answer this one - as I understand it, from old FS-UK days, it goes like this:

Player1: "Please make me a mod of tractor A"
Modder: "Okay, I like making tractors, I'll make that tractor A"
Player2: "Oh great, please make me tractor B"
Modder: "Okay, maybe but not until I've finished tractor A"
PLayer2: "But where's my tractor B? You are making Tractor A, it's not fair."
Player1: "Don't waste time making his tractor B!"
Players2-to-1000: "Tractor A is manure, so is tractor B, make tractors C to F ...!"
Player2: "Where is tractor B? Modder is manure!"
Player1: "Where is my tractor A? I asked first. Tractor B is manure, so is modder"

Modder: "Manure this for a game of farming, I'm off!"

... where tractor "A to F" can be read as "map A to F" or whatever.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads