FS 22 App Store crashes

rares

FS 22 App Store crashes

Post by rares »

Hey there,

I've got a MacBook Air M2 and I just bought the FS 22 from App Store, as I saw that is compatible with my macbook.
However, when opening Farming Simulator 22.app, the app stays in dock for 1 second, and after that, crashes, disappears, there's no logs and I even tried to open with sudo /Applications/Farming\ Simulator\ 2022.app/Contents/MacOS/FarmingSimulator2022Game
but returns zsh: trace trap
rares

Re: FS 22 App Store crashes

Post by rares »

I even tried with Open using Rosetta option from Get info
paulH

Post by paulH »

Same here - I bought the game a week ago through the App Store, so before patch 1.11 - worked fine on my MacBook Air M1. Updated through the App Store, no longer starts. Downloaded today from the App Store on (very late) MacBook Pro Intel, doesn't start.
paulH

Post by paulH »

Oh and nothing is added to log.txt, last data in that file was from version 1.10.1.1 b25112 before the upgrade.
rares

Post by rares »

paulH wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:45 pm Oh and nothing is added to log.txt, last data in that file was from version 1.10.1.1 b25112 before the upgrade.
Yup, I know. I bought it right after 1.11 patch, so no first launch for me. log.txt doesn't get generated
michaelr

Post by michaelr »

paulH wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:13 pm […] before patch 1.11 - worked fine on my MacBook Air M1. Updated through the App Store, no longer starts. […]
If the game worked before, I’d suggest deleting everything in the Shader Cache folder.

This will rebuild them the first time you drive around the map (probably causing some FPS drops until everything is cached again).
paulH

Post by paulH »

I doubt that will help michaelr - as 1.11 also didn't work on a different Mac with a fresh install for me (never had seen FS before), or rares' new install.
paulH

Post by paulH »

And just to be clear it crashes *immediately* after double clicking the app, doesn't open a single window or menu. Mods and shader cache are loaded after selecting a single- or multiplayer game from the menu, confirming if you want to use Mods, but as we never get a menu that stage is never reached.
michaelr

Post by michaelr »

Fair enough, it does sound like a bug with 1.11 then… maybe only the App Store version?

I still use an Intel Mac, and bought the game before the App Store version was released, so I hope someone else is able to test that combination.

However, I can say that the 1.11 update directly from Giants work on an Intel Mac. I hope you’ll get it working soon.
paulH

Post by paulH »

Yes so far what I've read (some people in the German language forum have the same problem) it's only the App Store version that has this issue. I've sent in a bug report, sent an email to support, and posted in the German forum as well. Now only thing I can do is wait...
rares

Post by rares »

I just requested a refund from Apple and I'm going to buy the Steam version
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

I‘ve notified GIANTS about this issue and hopefully they will be able to figure out what is going wrong and fix it.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

paulH wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:45 pm And just to be clear it crashes *immediately* after double clicking the app, doesn't open a single window or menu. Mods and shader cache are loaded after selecting a single- or multiplayer game from the menu, confirming if you want to use Mods, but as we never get a menu that stage is never reached.
Not entirely true, mods and shaders are read at game start, and corrupted shaders have a bad habit of making the game crash at launch. That's why you'll often see deleting the shadercache come up as an early step in troubleshooting launching crashes. Corrupted shaders can lead to a few other problems too.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
paulH

Post by paulH »

Thanks Noraf, understood! But can the shaders be corrupt after a fresh install on a Mac that has never had the game in the first place? As that's what I tried after a reinstall on my "normal" Mac didn't fix the issue.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

On a fresh installed version on a "virgin" machine, it won't, but a re-install they will still be present unless manually removed before.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...