Is there an easy way to modify Animal food consumption?

mountainboomer

Is there an easy way to modify Animal food consumption?

Post by mountainboomer »

There is a Youtube video on creating an anmimals.xml file that is over a year old. From the comments there, nobody has been able to make that work. When you change the path all the animal buildings vanish from the map.

I much prefer fieldwork to animal work but I like the looks of the buildings and creating chicken farm and diary operations but keeping up with the cows takes a ton of time.

l usually stop my clock do all my work for the month and then fast forward time to the next morning. Most of the storage capacities are too small and can't handle a day (month) of consumption.
combine2988

Re: Is there an easy way to modify Animal food consumption?

Post by combine2988 »

This might help you this is a video from dj go ham https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpbR6hqmiWc
humbe

Post by humbe »

I don't know about editing food consumption, but food capacity is pretty easy to modify.

If you unpack mod with pen, and look at the xml files, you'll find one that states how much capacity it has for the various types. You can up that amount to whatever you want, so you can feed them less often. I just played with a chicken pen with max 500 chickens and max 1000 liters trough capacity, that wasn't even enough to hold over the night. So upped the capacity.

In FS19, this was automatically handled by seasons, which changed capacity of everything to 3x daily consumption, but in FS22, limits are what are stated in the placeables.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

That video works if the mod DOESN’T have an animal food xml. If it does you just need to edit it.