PS5 error CE-107880-4 Farm Production Pack

Jared.Mallory13

Re: PS5 error CE-107880-4 Farm Production Pack

Post by Jared.Mallory13 »

Escatelar wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:36 pm I think I found the issue: the DLC is being downloaded as a PS4 Add-On and not PS5.
You are correct. The system keeps downloading the PS4 version of the mod despite that my game and all other DLCs are PS5 versions. The PSN store recognizes my game version as PS5, but their download links seems to only link to the PS4 download which screws up the compatibility with the game install.

So why is this such a hard thing for Giants to get fixed? Are they completely daft, or do they just not care enough to address it?
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Jared.Mallory13 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:22 am
Escatelar wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:36 pm I think I found the issue: the DLC is being downloaded as a PS4 Add-On and not PS5.
You are correct. The system keeps downloading the PS4 version of the mod despite that my game and all other DLCs are PS5 versions. The PSN store recognizes my game version as PS5, but their download links seems to only link to the PS4 download which screws up the compatibility with the game install.

So why is this such a hard thing for Giants to get fixed? Are they completely daft, or do they just not care enough to address it?
Again, not Giants problem that a PS5 want's to be a PS4...
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Jared.Mallory13 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:17 pm :sadnew:

I had high hopes that the last reply would turn out to be the fix, but alas, after sixteen hours shut down I am still unable to download the latest DLC. All others are fine. I even moved my install location to device storage rather than the SSD, but that hasn't worked either
manurespreader

Post by manurespreader »

I checked out console storage and indeed there was both PS5 version (correct) and a PS4 version (wrong). The ps4 fike was around 6 mbs. Weird. Deleted it and went into the game to download the farm agriculture pack but it still downloaded a ps4 version with no option for ps5.

What other download source option is there? How do you download from browser on a ps5?

Getting frustrated. I would ask for a refund but not worth the time vs cost.
Escatelar

Post by Escatelar »

To download from a browser just go to https://www.playstation.com/en-us/playstation-network/ and sign in. Then go to Library and Console Downloads and you will find the DLC download there. You can also browse the name of the DLC on the search bar inside your account. That will take you to the page of the DLC inside the store.
Ronin72

Post by Ronin72 »

I have tried using a browser and it still doesn't give a PS5 option. I keep going into storage and deleting the PS4 version repeatedly. At least I know that is the problem that is occurring.
manurespreader

Post by manurespreader »

Ronin72 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm I have tried using a browser and it still doesn't give a PS5 option. I keep going into storage and deleting the PS4 version repeatedly. At least I know that is the problem that is occurring.
All the other expansion/add-ons installed for PS5 also install a ps4 version, which is why the file size can vary from 1.5mb to 6mb+. No idea why, but that's what the installer does. That's why deleting the file isn't helpful. If the add-on did install for PS5, you'd still see it installed under ps4 and deleting it would uninstall it in both versions.

All I know is unless this is fixes I will not be buying another add-on or expansion.
Ronin72

Post by Ronin72 »

manurespreader wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:05 pm
Ronin72 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm I have tried using a browser and it still doesn't give a PS5 option. I keep going into storage and deleting the PS4 version repeatedly. At least I know that is the problem that is occurring.
All the other expansion/add-ons installed for PS5 also install a ps4 version, which is why the file size can vary from 1.5mb to 6mb+. No idea why, but that's what the installer does. That's why deleting the file isn't helpful. If the add-on did install for PS5, you'd still see it installed under ps4 and deleting it would uninstall it in both versions.

All I know is unless this is fixes I will not be buying another add-on or expansion.
Yeah, I am a bit disappointed. I teach Supply Chain Analytics and Cybersecurity at a University so the logistics portion looked promising. Hopefully they fix it soon or I am going to have to seek a refund as well.
PfreEniac

Post by PfreEniac »

manurespreader wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:05 pm All I know is unless this is fixes I will not be buying another add-on or expansion.
My sentiments EXACTLY.

This makes me so livid, I can't even watch DJ's silly-face, or hear the idle theme music without a fracking panic attack.

I don't even have the PS4 version installed, and it still shows ONLY the PS4 version of this DLC as downloaded, and pops this error no matter what link, way or device I try to download it from(200+GB free as well).

How do I have all other DLCs, and THIS is the one w/issues?

How can this even be a thing?
Farmer Redgrass

Post by Farmer Redgrass »

I’ve had the same issue since purchase on 5/1 for the PS5.

Support for a refund is a struggle through PS and will probably cost more in time than the DLC is worth, but after a lengthy chat and troubleshoot my case was “escalated” and I will be contacted in the next 7-10 business days.

For those wanting to get a refund, just an fyi…it certainly won’t be immediate. But it’s potentially better than “donating” for content you can’t use.
shingtal

Post by shingtal »

Farmer Redgrass wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 1:34 am I’ve had the same issue since purchase on 5/1 for the PS5.

Support for a refund is a struggle through PS and will probably cost more in time than the DLC is worth, but after a lengthy chat and troubleshoot my case was “escalated” and I will be contacted in the next 7-10 business days.

For those wanting to get a refund, just an fyi…it certainly won’t be immediate. But it’s potentially better than “donating” for content you can’t use.
Have the same issue, and went through the same hoops with PS Support. My first case they flat out denied my refund request, 2nd one after doing MORE stuff, AND sending screenshots, now i'm in the "escalated" status where i'm sure they hope i go away in 7-10 business days. Don't care about $8, do care about the principle of not giving my money to those who sell me a defective product and don't have the decency to even acknowledge the issue. If this install problem isn't resolved, and PS doesn't provide a refund, next step will be PayPal dispute and CC dispute. Just washing your hands of it is why companies think they can get away with it by trying to smother you with the process. I prefer to be a thorn in their side since they prefer not to sell me working content.
Ronin72

Post by Ronin72 »

I decided to give this a shot this morning and it actually worked!
I'm not sure who fixed it but it installed from in-game just when I had basically given up on it entirely.