Vermeer ZR5-1200 constant reverse

roland85

Vermeer ZR5-1200 constant reverse

Post by roland85 »

I just update to the Vermeer DLC and bought the baler in the game. The baler work otherwise fine, but if I stop with it, it goes to reverse on its own. So, the machine doesn’t stand still, it does not keep the neutral gear on. I have not encountered this type of thing on other vehicles.
michaelr

Re: Vermeer ZR5-1200 constant reverse

Post by michaelr »

I experience almost the same, however in my case it seems to be my joystick that causes the reversing. If I push it to the right it reverses.

No other vehicle behaves like this and I can’t find anything wrong in my InputBindings. It must be a bug with this machine.
Hankusi

Post by Hankusi »

I am having the same issue, input bindings reset and still the same, on a modded and unmodded save. If i steer right it reverses and left it slows the reversing.

No other machines do this so i think this vehicle is the problem.
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Someone on steam reported the same issue on the same machine, I'm really wondering how they could've missed something like this before releasing it:

Luckily don't have to wait 3 months for an update as the next dlc is getting released next month so
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

The issue can be easily solved by increasing the deadzone for the axis on the controller that is assigned to steering left and right by 1% or 2%.

The reason why this happens is that the Vermeer self-driving baler uses the back wheels not only for moving forwards and backwards, but also for steering (the same principle that is also used for steering on a caterpillar: if you want to move in one direction you either slow down or speed up one set of tracks).

If you have the deadzone of the steering axis on the controller set to 0% then it will basically send steering impulses al theme, because every slight vibration will be registered as a movement of the steering axis.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Hankusi

Post by Hankusi »

don_apple wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:27 pm The issue can be easily solved by increasing the deadzone for the axis on the controller that is assigned to steering left and right by 1% or 2%.

The reason why this happens is that the Vermeer self-driving baler uses the back wheels not only for moving forwards and backwards, but also for steering (the same principle that is also used for steering on a caterpillar: if you want to move in one direction you either slow down or speed up one set of tracks).

If you have the deadzone of the steering axis on the controller set to 0% then it will basically send steering impulses al theme, because every slight vibration will be registered as a movement of the steering axis.
Im sorry but that really isnt good enough for what i've paid for this game, this is okay as a temp fix, but needs a fix asap
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Hankusi wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:29 pm Im sorry but that really isnt good enough for what i've paid for this game, this is okay as a temp fix, but needs a fix asap
Then please report this directly to GIANTS via their bug tracker: https://feedback.giants-software.com/se ... ject_id=11

Please note: even though I'm a moderator here I do not work for GIANTS, therefore I can't help with pushing them to fix issues. I'm just trying to provide assistance here as a regular user of the game like anybody else.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
skenzer

Post by skenzer »

Same issue is happening to me with a Logitech G920 wheel setup. If I turn the wheel to the left it reverses. If i turn the wheel to the right, it goes forward. Yes, increasing the dead zone will help but it also decreases the accuracy of the steering in other vehicles. This isn't a solution at all. Has anybody reported this to giants? I'm planning on doing a bug report.
Farming since 2013
roland85

Post by roland85 »

Yeah, I found the same solution late last night. I have Logitech G Saitek Farm Simulator wheel and it has had a drift to the right from the beginning. I did not realize the Vermee uses movement on the turning, so the wheel drift explains why it was reversing. Maybe Giants should modify this so that the machine only turns if you are going forward or revers. So that if you stand still and turn the wheel nothing happens?
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

But that would break the baler. It's a zero turn, and should be able to turn without moving forwards/reverse.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Well, if you don't use it - baling a field that is - then turn off the engine, and start it again when you are ready to bale some more. :shock: :hi:
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Satinux

Post by Satinux »

Same problem here, using logitech G923 wheel. Change the deadzone is anoying for the rest of the equipment, and for the price of the DLCs is no a real solution.
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

I am curious ... if so many modders out there have created self propelled windrowers which work EXACTLY the same as this baler does for maneuvering and propulsion, then why do we not have this issue with those? Sounds to me like I might want to dig into the xml files and maybe see what the differences are ... oh wait ... dlc so we have no access to the xml files ... :( Probably an easy fix, too, if one just compares the windrowers to the baler. Other than the fact that one mows and the other makes bales, it's pretty much the exact same machine style and type.
Noraf wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:53 am But that would break the baler. It's a zero turn, and should be able to turn without moving forwards/reverse.
And so are all of the Windrowers that folks have made for this game and they do not have this issue. In real life, zero turn still needs the accelerator to actually make the turn. The only thing "zero" about it is the fact that you do not need forward momentum to make the turn. You can turn on a dime, but it is the accelerator that makes it move, not the steering wheel. All the steering wheel does is make the wheels turn. Pretty much the same as my lawn mower in real life.

EDIT: Forgot to add ... in my game the accelerator works fine to do the same thing here. I can select direction and go forward or backward. All Giants needs to do is just remove the accelerator axis from the steering wheel. Do that and it will be fine. It will still be zero turn. It will work perfect. Folks will be happy. It will not be broken. And then we do not have to put the Giants preferred 14 percent MONSTER dead zone in that someone out there thought for some silly reason was an appropriate joke for steering wheels.

Don't get me wrong ... I LOVE Giants, and I LOVE this game, but I never understood why Giants has such a hard-on for doing everything they can to force players to have huge dead zones in anything having to do with steering. It's also why they hard coded their own steering wheel so that it has a huge dead zone that you cannot remove at all, which is one of the main reasons I only used the Farm Sim wheel for a week then tossed it in the trash. I'd have given it away on my channel or something, but I would not wish that sort of pain on anyone else.
Last edited by Faelandaea on Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
machew2016

Post by machew2016 »

i had the same problem when using my steering wheel but when i turned one way with the wheel it would continue going in Reverse but turn and if i turned steering wheel the other way it would start going in forward and the more i turn it would start turning the only way to keep from going back or forth was to set my dead zone to 1% and center the wheel but will start moving once wheel reaches so far left or right.
machew2016

Post by machew2016 »

don_apple wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:27 pm The issue can be easily solved by increasing the deadzone for the axis on the controller that is assigned to steering left and right by 1% or 2%.

Yea that is what i had to do hopefully they will fix this it doesn't seem to happen in the skid steers which use the same type of steering.