savegame stuck loading at 85%

mattrat1000

savegame stuck loading at 85%

Post by mattrat1000 »

I have a save game that will not go past 85% when loading. I did not download any new mods at the time and the log.txt says there is a missing file (I did not delete anything) that it keeps searching for stopping it at 85%. I contacted support and they told me to come here. They originally told me to disable OneDrive syncing which did not do anything. The game is Steam downloaded and up-to date.
Ziuta Modding

Re: savegame stuck loading at 85%

Post by Ziuta Modding »

Probably some mods you have are bugged, check by running the game on an empty “mods” folder to see if it loads because it's possible that the savegame just got corrupted.
mattrat1000

Post by mattrat1000 »

I just tried it and it made no difference. I have tried without mods enabled as well as an empty mod folder. The map is required since it is a mod. I have not heard of the map "St. Kalle" being corrupted or having any effects on anyone else game so (unless you have heard) I doubt it is the map itself since I can use other save games with that map.
mattrat1000

Post by mattrat1000 »

When this happened, I was changing the value of money in the farms.xml. I do not see anything missing in there though. I checked the only place where the error the log.txt showed (error running LoadsharedI3Dfile - nil value) which was in the scriptbinding.xml but I am not proficient in the code so if you need the file I can attach it.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Can you load a new save on that map or a base game map?
mattrat1000

Post by mattrat1000 »

I have looked further upon this problem and I have gotten to the point where I believe there is a missing/broken/corrupt file in the dataS.gar file. This is a problem since it is a compressed folder for Giants to see and edit only. I emailed support asking if there was a way they could help or edit for me. I am wondering if there is anything you guys have for me.
mattrat1000

Post by mattrat1000 »

Guil wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:44 pm Can you load a new save on that map or a base game map?
Yes
Guil

Post by Guil »

Try loading the map on a new save and replace the gar file from that