PROBLEMS WITH SIMPLE MIDWEST MAP

Dustbunney54

PROBLEMS WITH SIMPLE MIDWEST MAP

Post by Dustbunney54 »

May 8, 2024 Not sure where to post this - - - Does anyone know how to contact the map maker, TASH? Mr. LooneyFarmGuy on YouTube is doing a "Let's Play" series on this map and is having the following issues.
https://youtu.be/tbj0tk27zUg?si=w_YwonKdW7z2q-IH
He is not able to complete Corn or Sunflower contracts on this map. Even after ALL product has been delivered, the contracts say 99% complete and will not allow you to collect on the contracts. He had to cancel them. Also, when he spilled fertilizer on the ground at the Shop, he was not able to pick it back up, even in a bucket.
Thank you.
humbe

Re: PROBLEMS WITH SIMPLE MIDWEST MAP

Post by humbe »

Its normal that you cant pick up loose material from property you dont own. Sounds strange that he managed to unload on land he didnt own.

As to contracts I dont think the game automatically calculates the yield from a field, so the map maker must supply some value that if too large makes the contract not completable by what is in the field.
michfarmer56

Post by michfarmer56 »

I've had the same issue with harvest contracts even on Elm Creek. Its especially difficult if the field isn't a perfect square or rectangle. As humbe mentioned, it has something to do with a pre-programmed value that doesn't exactly match. I stopped doing most harvest contracts, or only doing ones that I could easily *** with my own product to satisfy.
Dustbunney54

Post by Dustbunney54 »

humbe wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 6:16 pm Its normal that you cant pick up loose material from property you dont own. Sounds strange that he managed to unload on land he didnt own.

As to contracts I dont think the game automatically calculates the yield from a field, so the map maker must supply some value that if too large makes the contract not completable by what is in the field.
Thank you for your response. Still hope that someone can pass this info on to TASH so he can update the map. Take care.
Dustbunney54

Post by Dustbunney54 »

michfarmer56 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:15 pm I've had the same issue with harvest contracts even on Elm Creek. Its especially difficult if the field isn't a perfect square or rectangle. As humbe mentioned, it has something to do with a pre-programmed value that doesn't exactly match. I stopped doing most harvest contracts, or only doing ones that I could easily *** with my own product to satisfy.
Thank you for your response. Still hope that someone can pass this info on to TASH so he can update the map. Take care.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Dustbunney54 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 3:06 pm
michfarmer56 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:15 pm I've had the same issue with harvest contracts even on Elm Creek. Its especially difficult if the field isn't a perfect square or rectangle. As humbe mentioned, it has something to do with a pre-programmed value that doesn't exactly match. I stopped doing most harvest contracts, or only doing ones that I could easily *** with my own product to satisfy.
It's highly unlikely that the map will get an update at this stage. It must be over 2 years since it was released for FS22?
Dustbunney54

Post by Dustbunney54 »

Guil wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:40 pm
It's highly unlikely that the map will get an update at this stage. It must be over 2 years since it was released for FS22?
You may be correct about the actual launch date of the map sir, however, the most recent update was done 4-2-2024 according to the Changelog. I wish that Giants Forum had a specific forum for Modders and Map Makers so that when there's a problem, questions and concerns can be posted for them to see. Thank you for your reply sir. I appreciate you taking the time to do so. Take care.
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

Tell him to take his own crop to the sell point for the contract. There's a bug where the game doesn't care who's crop is used.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Dustbunney54 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 5:12 pm
Guil wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:40 pm

You may be correct about the actual launch date of the map sir, however, the most recent update was done 4-2-2024 according to the Changelog. I wish that Giants Forum had a specific forum for Modders and Map Makers so that when there's a problem, questions and concerns can be posted for them to see. Thank you for your reply sir. I appreciate you taking the time to do so. Take care.
What changelog are you referring to?

Edit, when I initially read the thread I assumed you were referring to midwest horizon for some reason. I have never heard of this map and no clue about it. Sorry
Dustbunney54

Post by Dustbunney54 »

FBtheSQL wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:18 pm Tell him to take his own crop to the sell point for the contract. There's a bug where the game doesn't care who's crop is used.
I will pass on the information. Thank you for taking the time to reply. If you have any way of contacting the map maker and letting him know, maybe he can send an update to Giants? Thank you again for your response.